View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #379
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Another new error:
Code:
Book's Amazon page URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BEH39ZQ
Book found on Amazon!
Gathering recommended book metadata...
An error occurred finding related book list page on Amazon.com (they might not list any).
Continuing without them.
That one's normal; not all books on Amazon have a list of related books. I'll edit the error to make that clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I haven't tried closing the book first, will give it a go. Out of interest, what does the achieve?
The new X-Ray format is an SQLite database versus the old format which was just a text file with a JSON object that was opened when you hit the X-Ray button.
I can't say for sure how the newer versions handle it, but it's possible that the database is getting left open while the book is open, causing issues when it tries to suddenly use a new one.
Closing the book should close the database connection, I would hope. At the very least, a reboot. I can't think of any other reason you'd have to completely remove the book from the Kindle and re-add it.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote