View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Too bad for the publishers, but this is Apple's punishment.
Only in the unlikely event the judge gives the prosecution everything it wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I hope that the judge gives this the consideration it deserves and changes the DoJ recommendation of 5 years to 20 years.
If you don't like the publishers, then read the kinds of books which don't require heavy editing and advance-funded research. There are loads of such books available from the indie community. However, I don't see a benefit in unnecessarily damaging the business model of large publishers.

Every medium to large publisher book is available from public libraries, at least on interlibrary loans. What's most important to me isn't whether I can afford to have my own personal copy, but whether the books being published are as good as possible.

Right now, I am reading a book published by the Rutgers University Press and sold, in Kindle edition, for $35.40:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cure-Child...dhood+miracles

If that far-higher-than-big-publisher price is what's going to help Rutgers University Press produce more books of quality, that's fine with me. Or you can find this title, lightly used, via bookfinder.com, for $4.81. Or you can get it, in return for paying taxes, at a public library.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote