View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
I see that chrmHoffmann has a new CM10 build (cm10-acclaim-0.08.1-full-of-bugs.zip and recovery-0.08.1.img). I would like to try and upgrade an 8GB card currently running cm-10-20121114-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim. My question is: can I add the CM10 0.0.8.1 file and its restore file to the first partition on the card and then use CWM to install them or do I have to change the updater script as I did when I assembled the card? Clean caches? Install a different gapps file?
I have not built the recent CH 0.08.x versions, but the general process is to:
  • replace the ChrisHoffmann ROM's updater-script file, and, if your SDcard has a 4th FAT32 partition, change "auto" to "4" in the line "dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc1" of its /system/etc/vold.fstab file
  • install ROM and gapps
  • power off, then power on with powered-USB cable
FWIW, this SDcard build process at the moment also work with two other CM10 ROMs: "CM10 PURE AOSP 4.1.2 JBV05-Hashcode Buildbot (v11/28)" and "SGT7+CM10+Cherry Picks (v11/24)", in case you'd like to sample other CM10 varieties.

Last edited by livramax; 11-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote