View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I guess I might be expelled from the sisterhood. I've read a measly three of the books--de Beauvoir, Plath, and Pym. Most of them I've never even heard of. Oh well.
For me, the question isn't whether I've read a particular writer already, but whether they prove to be any good.

A few of the listed writers (Eileen Myles, for example) would be known chiefly by people who live in S.F., L.A. or NYC. If you dwell in any of those places and were ever active in the Poetry Project/Beyond Baroque communities, you can't help but know them. If not, you shouldn't be expected to unless you care.

Certain choices might be Emily Temple's publishing pets, while still others could be generational markers that I wouldn't know. Any of those categories might or might not yield good choices, Cat, as I'm sure you realize.

The only way to find out is to take a look, as I'll do with the unfamiliar titles.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote