View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #1392
BrentEubanks
BrentEubanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
problem writing metadata with KU v2.6

I recently started getting the following error every time I plugged in, or tried to manually update metadata on the device:

calibre, version 3.9.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

SQLError: near "s": syntax error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 402, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 938, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2430, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2719, in delete_empty_bookshelves
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: near "s": syntax error

This occurs on a windows 10 machine, running either 32-bit (v3.7) or 64-bit (v3.9). I mostly run 64 bit but I fired up the 32-bit version just to check.

It occurs with both a H2O Edition 1 and an H2O Edition 2. The Edition 2 is new, but I have had the Edition 1 for more than a year, and this problem is new.

I am using v2.6 of Kobo Utilities and v1.3 of Kobo Books.

This is a new problem, and I think it is associated to the upgrade from KU 2.52 to version 2.6.
I upgraded Kobo Books at the same time so it could be related to that, but I think KU is much more likely to be the culprit, given the nature of the error.

Can you tell me how to roll back to version 2.52 so that I can confirm this theory?

Last edited by BrentEubanks; 10-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.
BrentEubanks is offline   Reply With Quote