View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortX View Post
Dude. Easy, please. What part of installing a new Firmware is not replacing the installed files with factory ones? Why would I then keep the JB?

Let me explain my logic. Maybe I am making the wrong analogy here but to my (apparently illogical to you) mind they are similar. I am used to updating the firmware (ROM) on Android smartphones. When you do this, you make the custom ROM your new factory firmware. If you then "Reset to factory settings", you lose nothing, you are just cleaning up your device.

Also, if you root your device and make factory reset, you don't lose the root.

If you, however root your device and then upgrade with a new OTA release from the manufacturer, then in 90% of the cases lose the root.

So, it basically works the opposite way.

Actually, the instructions for PW1 are to downgrade to 5.3.3 and if you read my first post you will see that this is what I did.

Again - please stop trying to make other people (me) look stupid. I will not answer any more posts in this regard.

And thanks again for the support
If you factory reset a Kindle, it restores it to factory defaults. You do not keep your root, it erases anything you have done.
That means nothing you have put on there is left on there.
Kindles are not Androids. They run on a form of Linux.

So now what exactly do you want to do with your now stock kindle.
If you want to use Amazon collections, you have to register it.
There is no choice.
And in order to register, the wifi must be turned on.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote