View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ha! hahahaha! oh my gosh!!!! oh lordy lordy lordy!!! *wipes tears from eyes*
It's happened. To people I know...including KK, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So........how far back in the past am I living?
Unfortunately, far enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
If the min-wage employee is stupid enough to PUT IN WRITING a claim about the product he's selling, he deserves whatever he gets from his managers.

And my (hypothetical) anger is with the employee who lies rather than being willing to say, "I don't know; they haven't given me that info yet." I can deal with "it hasn't come out yet and all we have is this spec sheet." I'm not very forgiving of "I'm sure it'll have all these great features! You should pre-order one (and let me get my commission!)"
I agree with you. Lying about it breeds worse customer discontent than simply saying "I don't know". However - believe it or not, in the handbook at my job, it is stated to "NEVER tell a customer "I don't know."
How dumb is that???
Plus that: There are two kinds of minimum wage employees. The kind who are merely putting in their time and collecting a paycheck, that don't care enough about the products or services they are selling to do some research to be able to answer a customer's questions, and the kind that do care, and do that research on their own time so they can do their jobs better. The problem is, knowing which one you're going to get is a crapshoot...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote