View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzykinz View Post
He seemed to not only know almost nothing, but was stretching what he did know.
You (and Barnes & Noble) put him in an awkward situation.

Let me summarize the situation: anyone in a position to know anything about the product is apparently prevented from speaking about it. People don't know how it functions, they don't know what the product is (let alone where it is headed), and they don't know how well it will do the things that it will try to do. The biggest red flag, of course, was not letting anyone use the devices at the media event.

I want the Nook to be an awesome device. However, despite the fact that they are shipping in less than a week, it is still just a statement of intent at this point. We don't even know at this point if B&N is looking to invest in the platform and listen to customers or whether this is just a cash grab because ereaders are a growing market right now.

I'm sure that as soon as someone knows anything, you'll see it here and in the headlines of the usual gadget sites. Until then, expecting the manager of a local bookstore to possess secret knowledge of the parent company's developments is unreasonable.

(Note that the frustration isn't directed at you, Fuzzykinz. It is simply that the Nook department is keeping everyone so information starved (beyond telling us that it is "nook", not "the Nook" *sigh*).)
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote