View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
It's a hybrid that runs the "full" version of Windows 8, that is, with the traditional dekstop as well as the new tile-based interface.

Processing speed isn't the issue. Rather, so many aspects of the system either don't work well or don't work at all.

I think Windows 8 might well be a good system for smart phones and simple tablets, but it's really a bad choice for a keyboard-and-mouse environment.

Mike
So, would you say Win8 does not work for you, the concept of hybrids alltogether, or the specific hybrid you had?

I am asking because I dislike very many things about Win8 but do like the Ativ 700, and sometimes, when I get frustrated with mine, I have to remind myself that the OS is not Samsung's doing

I also wonder if 11 vs 10 inch screens make touch operation easier. I *just so* manage with the 11 inches I have, though, sadly, Chome (in desktop mode) hardly even responds to finger touch because of the small UI elements.

Last edited by xendula; 02-07-2013 at 08:55 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote