Thread: Surface Pro
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #14
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Yes, Freda on Windows can load ebooks directly from the filesystem, either primary (read: C storage or the expansion (read: D storage, the latter typically being an SD or microSD card on Windows tablets.

I regularly use Freda on my 8" Windows tablet. I use calibre to manage my library, which is stored on my microSD card. I export (read: Save to Disk) from calibre to a folder, which is also on the microSD card, to create a small set of "current reads". These are then imported into Freda for reading and deleted when read. This has worked quite well for several years.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote