View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kobo Connecting Error

I received a "new" Kobo Mini today and have been trying it out. For the second time I've gotten the following error (after a Factory Reset and completely re-setting up the Kobo).

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 510, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1859, in books
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Both times this has happened after I sent a book over from Calibre. The first time I was able to send the same one over several times before receiving this error. The second time only once.

Now that I think about it, the book I'm sending over was set up in Sony PRS-300 format the last time before the reset (because it looked it so awful when I tried Kobo format, which I had experimented with) – and then I sent the book in PRS-300 format the first time AFTER the reset. Could that be the issue? (Just occurred to me as I was typing. The book looks much nicer in Sony format.)

Thanks for any pointers.

EDIT: Next time I tried hooking up the Mini, it worked fine – so it looks like it's just going to be touchy – maybe I need to delay disconnecting it?

Last edited by rcentros; 03-19-2018 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Added information
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote