View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I don't know of any alternatives, free or not, OSX or not.

I don't see why overkill is a problem.
I suppose the GUI is a matter of opinion. I for one enjoy it a lot, possibly because I focus on the functionality. But you aren't the first person who has posted about a lack of polish.
(Hey, not everyone has expertise in GUI design and Apple UI standards and calibre is primarily developed by one person. I'm sure no one would object to more polish, if someone volunteered to do the work, but no experts have ever stepped forward...)

If it isn't working properly on your computer, that is either a bug or a misconfiguration of some sort, either way it shouldn't happen!
What exactly isn't working?

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-22-2015 at 10:10 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote