View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #68
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
That is how I see it. I know that DawnFalcon wants to convince us that circumventing regional restrictions is worse than going to the darknet
Legally, the situation is that it is worse. I don't attempt to speak to the moral aspects.

Quote:
According to the letter of the law there are some minor issues, but our actions follow the spirit of the law.We bought by paying full price to an authorized distributor. Sort of like a gray import.
Incorrect. The purchase location is your PC, not with the importer, and even dealing with an importer you need to show you're permitted to import the goods. Again, I have a written opinion on this, do you? Also, the letter of the law is what is being pushed by big media in many other cases, it's "spirit" is quite irrelevant for civil lawsuits and in UK copyright law, the "spirit" from precedent is that paying for goods you know you not entitled to obtain is not a mitigating factor in any way.

My position is quite clear: If you try hard not to sell me a book, I won't buy it, or take any legal risks whatsoever acquiring it. Or rather, I'll get a second hand paper copy, &biteme if you don't like that because I'd of happily bought a new ebook without DRM and for a reasonable price*. If such was available.

(*Yes, I buy Baen eARC's. No, your book probably won't get me to pay the same amount out. Try building a community to match Baen's and a decent series and release it six months before the paper book, and I'll think about it)

Last edited by DawnFalcon; 04-27-2010 at 08:22 AM.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote