View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #53
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Look, please, who makes the Pocket PRO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
To keep with the car analogy. Many years ago I was shopping for a new car. We were at a car dealer that sold Mazdas and Hundais. We had a target price in mind, and for the same price the Hundai Elantra was loaded, power everything. So, we bought the Elantra. Well, this was the first year for this car, and I have to say it was a POS.

Sure, it had power windows, A/C, and cassette tape in the stereo, etc. But, it basically fell apart within 3 years. It was no where near as well built and dependable as the Mazda 323 I had just sold with 100k miles on it, zero service needs but PM and 1 set of new brake pads.

Now, I'm not saying the EZ Reader is a POS. But, I am saying that just because a device ticks alot of feature boxes doesn't mean it is a better device or a better buy.

But, as you say, the "quality" issue is very important.

BOb

I keep hearing this "quality" issue come up! The first EZ Reader Basic sibling was the number 1 selling model in Europe in 2008. The EZ Reader Basic device had the lowest incidence of returns at FRY's Electronics. The device is built by a factory that manufactures more eBook Reader devices than Amazon and Sony combined!

Agreed, features do not make a quality device. BUT... it does show, I think, a great engineering team (180 engineers at last count) with 10 years of eBook Reader manufacturing experience.

Astak sells devices that are well-proven all over the world. Where is there any doubt here that the quality will not match (and possibly exceed) any other device? You are grasping at straws to try to defame a device with a heritage of quality.

It is pure muck-raking and non-professional!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote