View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
Hi jackie_w,

changing the sqlite DB is never safe... it was just an idea. The commandline and some restarting features are of much more interest to me - but of course I want to also point out the possibility of customizing the UI as needed. The mentioned features are just the ones needed by me
Well, it was worth a try. I'm currently doing it via a klutzy SQL trigger, but a GUI would have been nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
EDIT: The screenshot capability would is actually there already. you can cat /dev/fb0 into the rgb565torgb program which I crosscompiled to run on arm. LibPNG is already crosscompiled, so I would only need to write some extra code to get a screenshot. Currently, this does the trick:
Code:
rgb565torgb < /dev/fb0 > convert -depth 8 -size 800x1280 -rotate 90 "$(date %Y%M%d-%H%m).png"
You need imagemagick on the kobo for that of course.
I'm afraid this is beyond my tech skills, my Linux knowledge is zero, but if someone ever writes a step-by-step or packages it into something simple and foolproof I'd be interested.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote