View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I very much doubt Mantano is using calibre metadata entries to organize books "by series."
It wouldn't surprise me. There's no standard metadata, and calibre entries are probably the most extended, it wouldn't be strange that Mantano decided to recognize what most users will be using... And this post says that's the case.

Quote:
I altered the name and serie of the book and pasted it at the same position... just below </dc:language>. It didn't work!
Don't copy and paste code you don't understand, you can break things that work... That said, the code looks OK.

Did you have the book with no series added to the library already before modifying the metadata? It could be that the metadata was read only when the book was first added, and further modifications to the book are not reflected in the library. Try to remove the book and add it again, or to add the series metadata to a book that has never touched the Mantano.

If that works, you can add the series metadata with Sigil, I believe. Just add custom metadata fields named "calibre:series" and "calibre:series_index".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote