View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #2550
happyjon
Enthusiast
happyjon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Are there no authors here who are shameless in their news releases?

Surely, someone coughed today, which should be reason enough to post a NEWS EVENT OF "SOME KIND" OF PROMINENT IMPORTANCE about your new book.

Come on, authors! Am I going to have to bring out the Torturers?

Don
Alright, I've got no shame, so here we go. I've sold a good number of illustrations, often personnel commissions, and sometimes written short stories to go with them, and encouraged by this success decided to try a novel. Here's the description of my masterpiece,

'A super villain, a femme fatale, lots of high tech gadgets, one line jokes and a high body count, that sounds like a James Bond tale! Well, this story was inspired, in a sense, by Ian Fleming’s hero, but it has a very different nature, some might call it an anti-Bond story. Here’s a short description.
Frank Munroe is an assassin, regularly employed by the security services of the USA and Britain. Rose McDonald is a CIA operative, very good at her job and with a high moral stance. She loathes Munroe, whom she regards as a contract killer, but the two have to work together on an assignment she’s told is vital to the security of the western world. In time, as they both face the same dangers, her attitude to him begins to change, and more importantly, to her country, when she witnesses the horror of what America and its allies will do to promote their interests. As the deaths mount, so do her doubts.
Finally, Rose has no choice but to place her complete trust in Munroe, as she strives to thwart the diabolical consequence of this assignment, the coming of the Deathbringer.'

Available at Amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FOBSYCG

I'll just add that this a subversion of heroic fiction, maybe I'm a pretty subversive guy! If, like me, you're tired of the saintly portrayal of heroes in popular fiction, especially spy and secret agent tales, this is for you, and only £1.53.
happyjon is offline   Reply With Quote