View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
I had a similar experience with a few other books as well among them the incredibly rare and expensive and very controversial Devil's Guard.
... A lot of books that are still in copyright in the US are out of copyright here in Australia.
and that is why there is Devils Guard accessible on the Australian mirror of the Project Gutenberg Australia site. http://gutenberg.net.au/

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieperry View Post
With the death of Solzhenitsyn today I thought I'd reread A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. There is a link to this text at the bottom of the Wikipedia page. This book was first published in 1963. Is this book in copyright or out? To be honest I'm not really sure.
In Russia they do not have the same perception of copyright as we have. Yet.
Russian book sites and on-line "libraries" are crammed with hundreds of thousands e-books. And not just books by soviet authors. There are MANY books by contemporary english writting authors. There is just one little catch. You have to read them in russian ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote