View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #190
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Houston, we have a problem!

Wife had a "soap opera" attack today and last night. She is able to compromise if... in absent of her favorite soaps,... she can watch local or national news but real time.

Will the antenna fix that issue? I really want to keep the Roku but I also want to keep my sanity! My life will be miserable if she keeps reminding me that we lost the local news.

What are your experience using those mini antennas/digital converters? I guess it depends of the area, right? Also, if I recall well, digital signals are all or nothing, not channels with noise and poor reception, like the TV dad gave me during the 80s. Am I right about that?

Please help/advice ...
Jo, I don't know if you read back to where I went through this, but I dumped DirecTV and bought a laptop and Happauge usb tuner and now use that to record over the air (news and science and other) shows. Works almost as well as DirecTV for local programming.

I do have an outside antenna on my roof.

I've never tried an indoor antenna.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote