View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
prashc
prashc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unable to install Calibre 0.7.56 from source

Hi..

We have a shared-desktop server running Debian Lenny. An upgrade to Squeeze is not possible anytime soon so installing Calibre from the Debian repo is not an option.
I'm trying to install Calibre 0.7.56 from source. Since many packages required by Calibre are not available/were in conflict with existing packages on our server running Lenny, I installed all of the dependencies manually, from source, taking care to match the versions with the minimum listed on the calibre site. The installation completed successfully, terminating with a 'calibre successfully installed. You can start it by running the command calibre' message, but upon launching calibre, I get hit with the following error traceback. Incidentally, I get the exact same error with calibre 0.7.54, 0.7.55 and 0.7.56. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm using SIP version 4.12.1.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/bin/calibre", line 19, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 362, in main
app, opts, args, actions = init_qt(args)
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 43, in init_qt
from calibre.gui2.ui import Main
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 39, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.init import LibraryViewMixin, LayoutMixin
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/init.py", line 17, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.library.views import BooksView, DeviceBooksView
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 15, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.library.delegates import RatingDelegate, PubDateDelegate, \
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/library/delegates.py", line 27, in <module>
class RatingDelegate(QStyledItemDelegate): # {{{
File "/opt/python-2.7.1/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/library/delegates.py", line 28, in RatingDelegate
COLOR = QColor("blue")
TypeError: unable to convert a Python 'str' object to a C++ 'QString' instance
prashc is offline   Reply With Quote