View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyami View Post
.Wol format are encrypted as 128 bit for each user during downloading. These encrypted files (books in .wol format) only work with the user’s device and they can not be copied and transfered to other devices. ...
So if I take a book from Project Gutenberg and convert it to WOL format and put it on my reader, would it be encrypted to work only with my specific reader? If so, then the only way to give a copy to someone else would be to give them my source file?

From what someone else said, the WOL conversion program stripped graphics (I think) and all the attributes such as italics and bold. Is this true? Does te conversion program actually do this to the source you give it? if this is also true, are WOL book you purchase be devoid of graphics and attributes?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote