View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
thijso
thijso began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex iLiad book ed, Onyx Boox M92
So, interested?

See the 'newLister-1.0.5' branch on my git fork on github: http://github.com/thijs/iliad-hacking.

This is actually something I based on the newLister stuff you can read about starting at hansels new contentlister thread, and related posts that are linked there.

Basically, you need to install newLister-1.0.5 as per instructions in that thread on your iliad. Then you can clone my repository, follow the instructions on getting a working cross-compiling setup here:
http://www.hpelbers.org/iliad/cross_compiling (at least, I think it was those that I followed, long time ago...).

Then:
  • checkout my newLister branch
  • do a 'build_all_from_scratch.sh' in 'liberipc/' and 'liberregxml/' directories
  • do a 'build_all_from_scratch.sh' in 'contentLister/' dir.

This should have made you new versions of the shared libraries 'liberipc.so.0.2.0' and 'liberregxml.so.0.0.0' and for the actual contentlister executable 'newLister'.
  • (optional, but recommended) go into the 'contentLister/src' dir, and do 'strip -s newLister'
  • find where the first two put their .so files, for me it was: /usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/lib
  • (optional, but recommended) go there and do a 'strip -s liberipc.so.0.2.0' and 'strip -s liberregxml.so.0.0.0'

Now, get all this stuff, together with the custom icons on your iliad. I do this through scp. Also, recommended is to copy it to one of your cards (mmc, pcmcia) due to space restrictions on the main memory.
In this case I used my cg card (which already had a 'tmp' dir). And, of course, use your own iliad ip instead of <iliadip>:
  • go to the toplevel source dir, and do: 'scp -r customdata/ root@<iliadip>:/media/cf/tmp/'
  • do: 'scp contentLister/src/newLister root@<iliadip>:/media/cf/tmp/'
  • do: 'scp /usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/lib/liberipc.so.0.2.0 root@<iliadip>:/media/cf/tmp/'
  • do: 'scp /usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/lib/liberregxml.so.0.0.0 root@<iliadip>:/media/cf/tmp/'

Now you have everything on your iliad. Put it in the right places. And REMEMBER TO BACKUP UP THE ORIGINALS! I do not guarantee ANYTHING! As long as you have ssh access, you should be okay, but still...
  • copy all the icons from /tmp/customdata into /usr/share/pixmaps
  • backup and replace the two lib*.so.* files into /usr/lib
  • backup and replace newLister in /usr/bin

Now you should reboot your iliad and when it's back up you should see the three extra icons in your toolbar. The work, but don't actually do anything yet.
  • create an executable script file: touch /home/intent/ratealt && chmod 755 /home/intent/ratealt
  • put this into it:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo "$1; $2" >> /var/log/logging

and now try rating one of your books... and see what comes out in /var/log/logging...

What I do in ratealt is create a directory and a manifest file linking to the original in a new location (my 'ratedA', 'ratedAA', etc dirs), so I can quickly find the docs I like there.

(for those that don't know, a symlink for iliad is just a manifest.xml file in an empty dir with the following in it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package>
  <symlink>/full/path/to/original/dir/or/file</symlink>
</package>
)
thijso is offline   Reply With Quote