View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanselda
1. Crop the pdf document margins to fit better to the reading device.
0.5.x includes the pdftrim utility to do this. 0.6 it has been moved to beocome a command in pdfmanipulate. EG. `pdfmanipulate crop input.pdf`

Quote:
2. Split multi-column pdf document.
An old standing feature request that a lot of people want to see. However, because of the complexity of the task no work has been done toward it.

Quote:
3. Convert PDF pages into images and compile the images again into a PDF file.
This is doable. All that would need to be done is extend the cover extraction (0.6) code to convert the entire document. Then save it as an oeb book so PDF output for comic conversion (I haven't completed it yet...) can assemble them all into a new PDF. It could be added and made a conversion option. However, cases concerning input size being different than output size would have to be handled.

Quote:
4. Convert Djvu into PDF.
Hm... Djvu isn't really and ebook format...

Quote:
All of these conversions does not and should avoid the conversion to HTML in between.
The conversion framework in 0.6 assembles everything into an eob book. While it is html based it is still handy for page ordering. In 3 it would still be helpful for this.

Quote:
Basically I have already make several python scripts to do all those job. Could anyone give me some directions how could I start?
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...re/ebooks/pdf/ You can see what is already done and what you can improve upon. I would recommend looking at the sticky for setting up a Calibre development VM. Also, right now the upcoming 0.6 is pluginize and it is where you would want to focus.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote