View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
On your CyBook go to Menu/Advanced.../About... The CyBook's Mobipocket PID will be displayed there.

You'll have to add this PID to Mobipocket reader, or perhaps to the ebook store preferences where you bought your ebooks, and then do whatever Mobipocket Reader does to add a PID to a file, or re-download them all from the ebook store.

And you'll need to do that all again with the next Mobipocket device you add.

Or you could strip the DRM from the Mobipocket files, and never have to worry about Mobipocket PIDs again.

But stripping the DRM might be illegal where you are. And telling you how to get it and use it might be illegal for some people, depending on where they live.

Sigh - DRM, only inconveniencing those who pay for ebooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me. I just installed calibre and was very impressed until I transferred my ebooks to my cybook (all DRMed prc files). I cannot read them on my device as it says I have the wrong PID.
Can I set this PID info up in Calibre as I am buggered if I can find out where (this can be done simply in Mobipocket reader but was hoping to use Calibre instead)

Many thanks for any help and I apologise if it ends up with me being stupied
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote