View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
You can see all your notes and highlights here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights

You do not need the Clippings file at all. At that web site you can make changes, use review flash cards for memorizing them and do all sorts of other things with them. I have never opened the Clippings file and just ignore it.

That site has notes and highlights from every Kindle you ever owned and is searchable as well. You can add notes to highlights there.

I use that site to copy and paste to chat rooms and Forums for discussion purposes.

I am not sure if that site is available to Kindle owners located outside America or for side loaded books not purchased from Amazon. Others here will have to find out on their own.

I believe notes and highlights are only synced once every 24 hours.
That site is a good backup place if you lost or did not transfer your clippings file kindle to kindle. But as you stated side loaded books or those not uploaded to Amazon do not get their notes and highlights uploaded. Which is the main reason why I transfer my clippings file between kindles.

I mainly use the clippings file but the website is the easiest to read because the clippings file updates as notes/highlights are added to it, so if you happen to go back to a book and add or change a note, the same book could have notes all over the file.

A few months back I cleaned up my clippings file to put all the notes together and to alphabetize them. Needless to say it took me hours to do this.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote