Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #1397
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Feature trigger is still there, but disabled by default and doesn't depend on file marker existence anymore. It's in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin.jar. You'll find pdf.reflow.enabled resource in one of inner resource bundles (set to false by default).
Confirmed that changing this setting works for the Paperwhite (I'm on 5.3.4).

I know next to nothing about java, but I used JBE on Reader-plugin.jar!com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/plugin/pdf/resources/PDFResources.class and changed
Code:
iconst_0
invokespecial java/lang/Boolean/<init>(Z)V
to
Code:
iconst_1
invokespecial java/lang/Boolean/<init>(Z)V
and the Text-Only Display/Original Display options show up. I'm sure there are better programs and/or more elegant ways to accomplish this that the java masterminds can share, but I just wanted to share my experience. Needless to say, be sure to back up first and fiddle around at your own risk!

Perhaps ixtab might consider adding this to JBPatch, if possible? I certainly think it's handy, and it's one of the only features I really missed from my Nook STR.

Last edited by 7hir7een; 04-18-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added firmware version
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote