View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
The comment about illustrated books not doing as well as their print counterparts, seems quite believable to me. Particularly since any book that is heavily graphics oriented is likely to sell more to people who really want the best viewing experience possible.

And let's face it, print graphics can be VERY good when the publishers want it to be. Print graphics is probably at the very peak of its display capabilities, while e-graphics is still in its earliest, most basic, stages.

It is only natural for those looking for the best possible "eye appeal" to gravitate to paper. As a photographer, I wouldn't buy a photo book in its e version.
Contrast and color saturation on displays have long far exceeded what can be done on paper, going back to CRT displays. The printed page cannot begin to display what the eye can capture in terms of contrast.

Only display resolution remains as an issue - it will take 4K displays to address that for large screens (for distant or group viewing). LCD screens in PC sizes with dot pitch approaching 300 ppi, is, as far as I'm concerned, very good, although it does not approach what some forms of printing produce, and I miss that sharpness.

Color accuracy is an issue for both displays and printing, but a very good job (or a very poor job) can be done on either.

A photo ebook that delivers good images is going to have a very large file size though, in comparison to most ebooks.

Last edited by derangedhermit; 01-25-2013 at 03:14 PM.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote