View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Sony reader software for desktop -- Greedy?

I have the Sony reader software installed, but I do not want it to be the default program to open epub on double-click. (I have set Sigil for that, in the Windows Explorer "tools>folder options")

However, if I open the Sony software, and open up an ebook, it immediately changes the OS setting and takes over as the default program for epub. So I have to go back into the tools option, and change it back again. Every. Single. Time.

I am reminded of the bad old days when Real player was so aggressive about opening every multimedia file-type.

Is there any way to get Sony to quit trampling on my settings?
I love my Sony reader, but the desktop software is ruffling my feathers!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote