View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They'll also be available for the Kindle ($69) and Kindle Keyboard. Click the link next to the selection boxes for each device and you'll see a pop up box that specifically mentions the Kindle chosen.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Paperwhite.
  • You'll receive special offers and sponsored screensavers directly on your Kindle Keyboard.
So it looks like Amazon is about to restart Special Offers again and make it available for all Special Offer models. Sure hope so.
I hope so, but I'm skeptical. My first one was a K3 SO and I saved enough with the SO to buy the K4 SO when it was released. I subsequently saved enough on the K4 SO to buy the K5 SO (KT), but haven't had many offers worth noting on the K5 SO. Maybe $15 in savings over a 6 month period. The K3 SO was the best deal because there were no local deals at all. The K4 SO deal was okay, but not as good because they introduced the local deals. By the time I bought the K5 SO local deals were 90% of the deals, now they are 100%. I just pre-ordered a KPW SO so I hope we get real SOs again.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.