View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
I do want to have just one mobile device to go with me 24/7, and that would be a small tablet that I can use to make voice calls. Using the speakerphone function, I don't need to hold the tablet close to my ears. Simplicity is what I'm after.
have you considered the Note/Note 2? smaller screen than a full fledged tablet, but has call capabilities. Of course on a tablet you also have VoIP options like Skype which work rather well (and can be cheaper than phone plans, but call quality can be quite inferior, depending on where you're calling).

One of my main concerns of a be all device is Battery life; One of the reasons I picked up a tablet was that I was running through my battery to the point I needed to have 2 spares with me just in case (charging them all at the end of the day was always a fun exercise). At least with having the separate devices, my phone is available for calls as intended, and I can still do my mobile browsing/reading/what have you with the tablet, and battery life issues have so far been managed. I used to have the same misgivings when people used their phones as MP3 players; yes, the convenience is there, but there's a good chance you might not have the battery life for the item's original purpose...

*shrug* to each their own.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote