Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #25
Huey4prez
Huey4prez began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
A question, those with the battery life issues, are you using a micro SD card, either in the nook and/or with content stored on it? I do have one (and have since about 5 minutes after unboxing), but I am curious as to whether there is some issue with the micro SD card causing bad battery life.
I had a microsd installed with only sideloaded books. My battery went from a full charge to completely depleted in ONE day WITHOUT me touching it. It died in sleep mode. I have had it for only a month a half. This has already happened three times, just not as fast as dying in one day. That was the final straw. The resetting after a full charge worked at first, but then it stopped! I'm a technophile and know my way around electronics extremely well, I just couldn't figure this one out. I finally took it back to Target today. It really sucks, because I loved it soooo much. The battery was atrocious though. Plus, I had lucked up and gotten one that still came with the power adapter.

I am headed back to Amazon. Which sucks, as B&N clearly had the best hardware this round...
Huey4prez is offline   Reply With Quote