View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Syncing to last page read

I just switched to a Kindle from a Sony PRS600 because I found out that Calibre will allow me to use the 'last page read sync' feature between the Kindle and my Android phone for books I didn't purchase on Amazon. (They have to be DRM-free and converted to Mobi format, of course.)

I am loving this feature and have been telling people that's why I switched, but now I'm wondering if Calibre makes this possible for any of the other devices? For example, Kobo or Nook? I've been telling my sister about it and she's thinking of buying a Kindle because of it, so I want to make sure she's not unnecessarily restricting herself to the Kindle. I searched on the forums but couldn't find any indication that it works for anything but Kindle at this point. I may have just missed it, though.

(Thanks so much to Kovid Goyal and the other Calibre developers for this feature. I've been really wanting it but because I don't buy from any one store, I had thought I wouldn't be able to have it.)
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote