View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #165
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliard View Post
Hi folks. . .total noob here, so be gentle I just got a Samsung Epic, and installed Aldiko on it. Tried to add an ebook, but can't find the "import" folder, or the "ebooks" folder, for that matter. When I use the "My Files" app, and look on the SD card, there's just an Aldiko folder, with no subfolders. When I connect my phone to my Macbook, I get the dreaded "there is no SD card found" message (huh?) Do I need to uninstall then reinstall the program? Any help greatly appreciated,

G
First, when you connect your Epic to your computer Android should pop up a message asking how you want to connect to your computer with "Disk Drive" being one of your options. In that popup there is a check box for "Don't Ask Again", so if that box is checked and a different option was previously selected then you will not see the Epic as a disk drive. You should be able to remedy that by pulling down the status bar in Android's main window and selecting "Disk Drive" as the connection method after the Epic is connected to your computer.
If you can not find the /eBooks/import folder you could always create it your self? However, I believe that Aldiko will create it if it is non-existent the first time that ask you Aldiko to scan for books on the SD card.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote