View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #154
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
If I download an apk via google app market, where does it download to? I would like to be able to copy it so that I can put it on a device that doesn't have the app market.
The app is installing the minute you download it so you would need to make a backup of the app. This can be done with the file-manager Astro also available on the market.

1. Install Astro
2. Open Astro
3. Press menu
4. Press tools
5. Press Application manager/backup (a list of installed app's should appear)
6. Select the once you want to backup by marking the checkbox
7. Press menu
8. Press backup (The backup process should now start)
9. The apk-files should now be available in dir: /sdcard/backups/apps

There is an add-on for Astro which would give you bluetooth transfer capabilities enabling you to send and receive files.

I however prefer to use SwiFTP which turns your android device into an FTP-server for easy access to the files.

Last edited by thinkpad; 12-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote