View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
Sablerose
Enthusiast
Sablerose began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 6G
@mrmikel The books are all fiction, so tables, etc. are in short supply. Mostly just straight paragraphs, not even much italics/bold. I've tried Atlantis, but find it rather difficult to adjust to after using Word almost forever. I've been using Calibre to convert to epub and edit, but haven't managed to convert, edit and upload anything to Marvin on my iPod yet so far. I'll keep trying.

I've been using w3schools.com as I needed to answer questions, and I've been reading several newbie books. I'm about 2/3 of the way through "Head First with HTML and CSS" so far.

I think I will do some downloading from the MR library, and see what others have done successfully. I would have done already, but I'm usually not at my keyboard, but on my iPod. What is the most frustrating to me is that the books I'm trying to convert are mostly novels, Twilight for example. So not all that much formatting, mostly straightforward paragraphs. /shrug

@Toxaris I attempted to install your Word epub add-in, but didn't get it working. I'll try again, since Word is my preference for making up my files before loading them into Calibre for conversion and editing.

I already read through Pablo's intro guide, very informative. Just not enough for me to get a successful upload yet, so I'm still looking for more resources.

@arios Thanks, but I couldn't make much sense of the flossmanuals, and can't speak French.

Thanks for the hints and encouragement, all. I'm off to the MR library to see what I can find. I'll send you a private message re: the Word add-in, if I still can't get it working, Toxaris.
Sablerose is offline   Reply With Quote