View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #19
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've tried many PDF readers, and there's nothing to compare (IMHO) with Goodreader. Its key benefit for me is its tabbed UI, which makes it easy to have a number of documents open in different tabs (or even different parts of the same document) and rapidly flip between them. This is essential for academic use, which is my main use case.

I'm an (amateur) Egyptologist - specifically in the area of the ancient Egyptian language - and have all the reference materials I use when translating Egyptian texts on my iPad. I'll generally have at least four documents open at once: the text I'm working on, a hieroglyphic dictionary, a hieroglyphic sign list (used to figure out where to find a word in the dictionary), and an Egyptian grammar book - and I need to constantly flip between them. I couldn't use any PDF reader which didn't offer a similar capability. Does your software offer this ability?

I've also answered, I notice, your question about what sort of PDFs I use it for . Page-scanned PDFs.

hum, I could see that as part of an Apple iPad commercial.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote