View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #48
marcosscriven
Enthusiast
marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!marcosscriven , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Boox Max 2
>There is no provision in EU law to cover return shipping for "Changed my mind" returns, as this one.

Fundamentally, my claim is I'm not simply changing my mind here. Otherwise, I would agree with you.

I really did want this product as I expected it to be, but it's not. I am an amateur pianist and a coder, and it looked like it would be ideal for this (E.g. downloading scores, coding outside). I'm not saying 'Oh, I no longer want a 13" ereader that can be used as a monitor.' I'm saying that's precisely what I want, but that it's simply not good enough to function like that.

I'm not sure why, but people seem to be attacking me here, variously saying my concerns are frivolous, that I was essentially dumb to purchase the item without researching first.

>Ereader Store has to take it back if you send it back in original condition and refund you the original costs - that's EU law, and it seems it is adhering to it.

Well, Ereader Store changed the details on their return page. How can I trust such a retailer? If I do send it back now, and Booxtor just claims I didn't satisfy some condition, what can I do about it? If I post on here, it seems people will just assume I'm telling porky pies. At this point I feel I need to get an independent third party to return and verify its condition is precisely as received, because I've lost all faith in Booxtor/Waldemar.

>2 - I don't see where the idea that you have to pay 40 Euroes for return shipping comes from. You can use many middleman services which allow you to purchase UPS shipping or similar at discounted rates. Parcel2Go for example would price a UPS package back to Germany at around 15 pounds, and you can drop it off at a local store.

I took the €40 from Booxtor's own post in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=11

"We already have paid shipping to UK via UPS (about EUR 40)"

It seemed reasonable to take that figure as the ballpark for return. Certainly, he seems unwilling to pay it.

Last edited by marcosscriven; 01-04-2018 at 02:13 AM.
marcosscriven is offline   Reply With Quote