View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermudagirl View Post
So is there a better epub reader app than Aldiko?
I am very much trying not to answer this question because "better" is in the eye of the beholder. People get excited about how covers are rendered, how the text is formatted, what full justification looks like, how well hyphenation works, whether UI is "acceptable", how easy it is to change color schemes, whether it supports more than one book format, and so on.

Aldiko is a good reader. It just isn't the best choice for use with calibre and CC, unless keeping calibre metadata in sync with the metadata in the reader app isn't important for you.

If you go to the Google Play store and type in epub you will get *many* results. Some choices for epub I have seen discussed are Moon+, FBReader, CoolReader, Mantano, ALReader, UBReader. I am sure I missed someone's favorite. If you read other formats such as comics (e.g., CBZ) then you will want more readers. If you read PDF then you might prefer a dedicated PDF reader.

Most (if not all) of the reader apps have free versions that you can test.

FWIW: I use Moon+ as my production reader. I test with FBReader and CoolReader.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote