View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #103
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Here are the folders I couldn't look at:

mnt/us
mnt/us/documents
mnt/us/extensions
mnt/us/extensions/games/frotz/bin

But I' try mntroot rw.
That command just allows the root file system to be written.

You haven't (yet) posted what you mean by the words: "look at" but none of the meanings I can think of include writing to anything.

What user name are you running under when this "problem" appears?
'root' can 'look at' anything - other usernames are limited.

To 'look at' in the sense of seeing what is contained in a directory ('folder' in en_Windows) requires the username have 'read' permission for that directory.

To 'look at' in the sense of using a directory in a pathname requires the username to have 'execute' permission for that directory.

So who are you? The command:
whoami
should answer that question for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote