View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #371
readingwonder
Enthusiast
readingwonder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readingwonder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readingwonder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
From my careful reading of this entire thread, I wouldn't say it's a hardware issue per se. What I mean by that is, it sounds like some units have more problems with the .16 firmware than other units, so it would appear hardware or different units can play a role.

However, many of those that are experiencing problems with .16 and have rolled back to .9 no longer experience those same problems. If it was purely a hardware issue, they should be having the problems across the board, but an older firmware seems to remove the issues for them.

Working as a developer, from everything I've read here, it sounds like while differences between units might play some role in all of it, there are still issues with the .16 firmware. Especially database issues, considering those with a larger library seem to be having more problems than those with a smaller library.

Perhaps the test units the Kobo developers are testing their code on simply aren't responding the way a lot of customer's units are, which explains why the flaky code gets pushed out to begin with. I would hate to think it was because their developers were under-experienced or worse, simply ignoring the issues.
readingwonder is offline   Reply With Quote