View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by space_escalator View Post
Would the server stuff for kindle even work on a cellular device? Another reason I can't just serve the kindle a webpage from my computer is that they aren't on the same local network. The kindle is connecting to a cell tower and my computer is on wifi.
Hmm...
"my computer is on wifi"
So put your K2 on wifi (IIRC, that is in the settings menu(s) ).
or
Install USBnetworking, connect over the USB cable to your computer.

(The DX/DXG (large screen K2) where the only 3G only models.)

= = = =

Decide if you want the Kindle to be on external power, (it can then run without going to sleep), or
If you want it to be able to go to sleep.

- - - - -

Before we go too far - set some basics:

If your going to run the server on the Kindle ...
What time source (Kindle's clock or external time network)?
If the Kindle's clock, how often should it be corrected from the external time network?

Do you want to do it without a html server?

- - - -

What should the output look like?
Hint: go to clocktab.com - diddle the top (hidden until you hover over it) tool bar, set the options to the closest you want the display to look like . . . . .
Then post us your choice of options, so we can do the same and actually see what you have in mind.

- - - -

Have you read through the other "HowTo" threads on using a kindle as a display (weather or whatever)?

Last edited by knc1; 09-02-2015 at 04:59 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote