View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
You are of course, entitled to enjoy a book how ever you like . With my liseuse (see Argel, I'm still trying ), I am able to page backward and forward through my ebooks quite easily and am able to determine how many pages are left using the page numbers, just as I would a paper book. The added benefit is that I can search for a particular word or phrase if I wish to go back to refresh my memory (which, believe me, happens quite frequently ).
Searching is a big advantage. And with better implementations of reader software we will get new functionality we did not know we needed and the reading experience will be superior. But currently with most of the available readers we do not have that extra functionality.

There is also the sense of having done something when finisishing a physical book. I do not get that when reading an eBook since then the experience is more like reading web pages. But that will probably be solved by automatically updating places like facebook when you finish a book.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote