View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #240
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
@ixtab : could you please change the folder from /mnt/us/fonthack to /mnt/us/opt/fonthack as your other hack (JBPatch) is like? because the root folder is getting messed up by all the little folders and it's better to be organized right off the bat. Thanks.
BTW, there were calls for standartisation of filesystem hierarchy. I'm not pushing anybody to discuss this "isuue", just mentioning the facts.

I thinks that famous xkcd comic about standards is pretty applyable here. So it's better for all to leave it as-is.

Spoiler:
But if I'll manage to create something which will need user-created files, I'll create a new hierarchy It will be located within directory /mnt/us/.xroot and will totally resemble FHS (except that /root will be renamed to /owner and there will be no /home). It will be like:
Code:
/mnt/us
  /.xroot
    /bin
    /owner
    /usr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Ну молодец!

(in case you're wondering: no, not satirical at all, honest! Just positively impressed, and slightly amused, because even that one-line correction is well-documented )
Danke schön. There isn't history of edits, so my small edit often recieves full, but a bit excessive description, while description of sequenced major edits could be squashed in general improvements.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote