View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:07 AM   #13
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by KecajN View Post
I loaded the latest Duokan in English translation and I am still not very impressed:
- I can use folders to organize books but folder list is not sorted causing navigation very difficult to navigate (currently I have 7 pages long list).
- PDF rendering is rather poor (comparing to original Kindle firmware), screen refresh is slow.
- Zoom options are quite OK
- ToC and other internal links do not work for me.

Duokan comparing to original Kindle firmware has a lot of interesting features but definitely is not ready for serious usage. I hope that some day it will be mature enough to use it on regular basis. But it has still a very long way to go.

I agree PDF rendering is a bit poor compared with original firmware.

I have a PDF file with ToC available in Duokan, i didn't try if the internal links work fine though.

I agree with you that Duokan has a long way to go for regular use. What i do is running Duokan with help of launchpad which doesn't require restart, read my PDF and turn back to original firmware again with Launchpad.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote