View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
For some of us perhaps... if we take time for it... For the rest of users there should be a menu "Update Library" somewhere.
Well that's something completely different than what Jon was referring to. What sort of plugin architecture is going to accommodate automatically updating only portions of a plugin's (any number of plugins, actually) code? Perhaps you're referring to the launcher code itself? Hell, even that wouldn't be that difficult to implement an update feature, or install package to update that code without a full Sigil release. It's early days yet--and the architecture is flexible. After functionality gets rolling, the bells and whistles can be added.

Quote:
But at the moment I'm rather more interested in this.
Any file names coming out of KindleImport other than "untitled," or "new," or "book" probably shouldn't be depended upon. I'm not going to spend a lot of time/effort/resources creating (and sanitizing) meaningful file names that are never going to be seen by the vast amount of users. I understand you have some Sigil patches that make use of some of the output of my earlier versions of the plugin, but I honestly haven't even thought about those file naming routines since the current official Sigil release guarantees "untitled.epub" as the end result of an import plugin for Sigil's titlebar and Save As dialog.

If you're using v0.1.1beta, the differences in the filenames you're experiencing are probably dependent on whether or not the file is a mobi-only ebook or a KF8 ebook. I had worked on getting the Updated Title from the OPF metadata (the makeEpub method in quickepub.py) and returning a sanitized version of that for the epub name before I lost interest (and Sigil's codebase made the file name pointless). A KF8 book was returning a name based on the ebook's original file name (unpackEPUB in mobi_stuff.py).

You should hang on to v0.1.1beta if those routines hold any interest for you. I won't guarantee they'll survive all that much longer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-21-2014 at 07:07 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote