View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #57
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
For exactly these reasons, the eink devices will drop off the face of the earth in 5 years. Those of us who adore our ereaders for their simplicity and ease of reading have become the niche market now. The general type of people buying ereaders, that I see locally, not only take care of their devices (thus not breaking them often), but also use stuff until it dies. Lots of you are still using Sony's that were bought more than 5 years ago. I'm sure there are plenty of others who will use their Kindles, Nooks and other devices until they die. Then they will go to replace them and ereaders will be history. Remember, MBAs are running the show and a flat market means failure in their greedy brains.

Quote:
Secondly, an ereader is a single purpose device that does its job really well. Once you've bought a clock for your house how often do you upgrade it? Once every twenty years? Ereaders are in a similar situation. I couldn't go back to a 2009 tablet but I could use my old PRS 650 quite happily for the next 10 years.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote