View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
For kindle books, text looks more jagged on the nook than on the kindle, although the jaggedness of the text is less noticeable the bigger i make the text. If the screen was bigger on the nook, which is the case with the mini, i could make the text bigger without sacrificing words per screen. However, even with the slight jaggedness of the text, i'd have no problem reading for extended periods of time on the nook tablet. Then again, i used to read on the ebookwise 1150 which had dot matrix text, so my standards are probably very low.
I hate jaggies. That's the main reason I almost never used my iPad 2 for web browsing and fiction ebooks (preferred the iPhone 4). There were times I won't use the iPad 2 for a month or so. The iPad with Retina, I use everyday. It's become my preferred device for web browsing.

Really, retina or non-retina I think boils down to individual preferences (and eyesight).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote