View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #15
jberryj17
jberryj17
jberryj17 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 10
Ugh, I'm still trying to figure all this out. Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who have responded here as well as messaged me!! I have been dealing with medical issues (fun! :-(), so this is unfortunately the first time I have been able to get back on the Internet since my OP. :-(

Thus, I have gotten no further in my quest to locate Anne's 'Rowan' series of ebooks. :-( And thank you to those of you who informed me these are available on Audible, but I would really like to actually read these.

Side note : there is another series that I began reading, but for some reason, only the first 3 books out of the 12-book series were available here in the US (it's just mind boggling how many books are restricted for the US, but are available in THE UK - - does anyone happen to know WHY this is, just out of curiosity?). Anyway, the series is the 'Poldark novels' by Winston Graham. They are best classified as historical fiction, but they are also pretty much character studies. The series starts off a bit slowly and seems like it won't be very interesting, but once I get into them, I just really couldn't put them down!

ANYWAY... the whole series is available for purchase on the Diesel site right now, and I am signed in on my account and have been able to add them all to my cart! :-) They all say 'promo eligible'.

However, I have a few concerns :

-I am worried about what happened to pwalker--so what exactly happened? Diesel let you purchase the books, but then wouldn't allow you to download them? I'm wondering if that could be avoided by using a different payment method maybe? For instance, would Paypal perhaps work? Like if I were to add cash to the account so I wouldn't have to use a US bank account or credit card, is it possible that might make a difference?

-also, after purchasing if I am allowed to download them, what ereader apps (I have have a Google Nexus 10 tablet running Android Jellybean 4.2.2) would I be able to read them in? I have a bunch of apps, like Cool Reader, moonReader pro, Aldiko paid version, etc. Would any of these work? I'm sorry, I'm just not familiar with how the Diesel site works. :-(

And, since I just saw that a poster said the Rowan books are also available from that site, I'd like to of course get those, too! However, I am very concerned about what happened to pwalker, so if anyone can provide some input as to how I might best avoid getting denied the download of the books after purchasing, I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT! :-)

I guess I'll hold off on hitting the buy button until I get some feedback from you all. Gosh, it would be SOOOOO wonderful if I was finally able to get all these books I've wanted for so long! :-)

**on the subject of Diesel, does anyone happen to be familiar with the new "eFreedom 'app they are advertising on their site? it is supposed to let you transfer DRM protected material from other apps, and it says it uses HTML5.I am very intrigued but the descriptions on their site don't quite make sense to me. :-( Also, I could not find my device on the list of' supported ' ones, but sometimes my tablet is listed under different names, so it's hard to tell. I have a Google Nexus 10 tablet running Android Jellybean 4.2.2, and it's actually manufactured by Samsung - - so if anyone happens to know more about the app, or is able to determine if my tablet will work with it, I'd love to hear!

Please feel free to message me about anything - - help is greatly appreciated! :-)

Thanks so much for your help and I hope you are all having a wonderful day!! :-)

Jamie

Last edited by jberryj17; 05-23-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: auto-correct typed the wrong thing
jberryj17 is offline   Reply With Quote