View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #37
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I really think this blue tint/brightness issue is going to be pretty subjective from person to person and probably hard to judge in a store setting with fluorescent lighting when you're much more likely to utilize incandescent lighting of an entirely different color temperature at home -assuming you're not buying it just to read in the dark. I'd like it to read while watching the flat screen (trying to break the habit of calling it "the tube") in the normal somewhat subdued lighting in my living room. Oh well, with any luck by the time a Glo is on my radar and available all the which one is best questions will have been answered...

BTW, do you guys realize the slight bluish tint of most of these is pretty common for "white" LEDs as they are really blue LEDs with a white phosphor type coating internally? There are warmer white LEDs, but my guess is they would detract from the whole "paper white" concept - the cooler blue/whites appear a lot whiter.

Last edited by TechniSol; 10-23-2012 at 02:58 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote