View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #939
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I've added an FAQ about this to the project wiki, thanks.

And I've added a link to the FAQ wiki to the first post of this thread.
Quote:
I've added a note and a link here to the LiveJournal note on our Supported Sites page, thanks.
Awesome!

Quote:
Yeah, I use epubcheck once in a while, but I'm not too zealous about it because it reports problems that nothing else seems to care about while accepting some things that fail on my devices. (Usually because of non-standard limitations on the devices, but still...)
Yeah, it feels like the web 10 years ago. Being technically standards compliant does not mean your ebook actually working on all devices .

Quote:
I have a Kindle 3g, but frankly I gave up on using search on it long ago when my library hit ~1000 ebooks. It's entirely possible it has the same problem. Even when it worked, I didn't found it all that much of a help, since I couldn't restrict the search to title / author.
I'm currently at about 500 ebooks, ~250 of those are samples (I know, I need to clean out the old ones some time ) and ~100 are fanfics, so right now search works pretty well for me .

Quote:
If I may humbly point you in the direct of EpubMerge...
I know that tool, I just was too lazy to use if for a three chapter fic . I've used it once for a series of 19 or so shorts on AO3 which in reality were more like chapters of one big story.